Friday, June 26, 2009

Summer Crafting

Summer vacation is here and I'm excited to get back to the many projects I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I just purchased a Janome Embroidery machine and can't wait to create some fun and fancy gifts and to put together some great designs. All you experts out there don't hesitate to share your tips and projects. I'd love to see what others are doing.

I'm new at quilting and want to try working with a pattern to see if I can turn out a fabulous quilt like all you great quilters out there. My niece Melody has inspired me to try my hand at making a nice quilt with a pattern to take all the guess work out of it. Boy has it been time consuming coming up with my own measurements to create blocks. My first "quilt" was a t-shirt one for my husband. It turned out ok, after the many difficult challenges I had to cross to complete it. I guess all that matters is that he loves it. What can I say.

This is my first time blogging; another one of those things on my summer to do list. Anyway, thanks to my niece Melody (www.quiltymama.blogspot.com) again, who gave me the inspiration to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween Projects Underway

During the next several days, I will be updating my blog.  I hope you can bear with me in this journey while I figure it all out.  It's ...

Popular Posts