Friday, September 11, 2009

Reflecting

Like almost everyone, when I woke up this morning, I remembered exactly where I was on this day in 2001. On 9/11/01 I was in a hotel in Phoenix, Arizona with my mother and sister-in-law. We had stopped to get some rest on our way to a funeral in El Paso, Texas when we heard the terrible news. As we got dressed and started back on our journey, things around us seemed chaotic and we no longer felt safe. We felt distressed and confused, and wondered if we should just turn around and go back home. We thought we can't do that, (it was my mother's sister who had passed away and she had to be at the funeral) so we just kept traveling.

Today, I spent some time reflecting on just how vulnerable we felt that day and how much I missed my husband and family who were at home worrying about us and our safety. It sure was a scary trip and one I'll never forget.

The loss of so many people that day will forever remain in our hearts and prayers and we will never forget the heroic efforts of those who fought to save the lives of all those who were injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween Projects Underway

During the next several days, I will be updating my blog.  I hope you can bear with me in this journey while I figure it all out.  It's ...

Popular Posts