Sunday, July 26, 2009

Eye Glass Caddy

Last week I spent a few days at my daughters house while I was out of town and noticed that she had so many pairs of sunglasses hanging from her mirror from a scarf. I quickly got an idea to make a caddy for her to hang them on. When I got home, a whole week later, I was eagar to get back in my sewing room; my place of solitude. Don't you all feel like you need to do something creative to relax. I know I do. I put a simple pattern together in no time.

It took me less than 15 to 20 minutes to create the pattern and sew it together. It can hold up to a dozen pair of glasses. It can be hung from your mirror, a bed post, a peg or even a door knob, a great organization piece if I say so myself.

The project was fun and really easy, a great project for anyone
to make in a short period of time. Check out the Tutorial. I ended up making two and took quite a few
pictures to help guide you through to the finish. Believe me, this one is really easy.

I hung it from a wall hanging that I have to get a good picture of it. I was trying to get one hanging from the mirror but it wouldn't come out right and the strap wasn't long enough to go around the large square bed post on my bed.


The caddy is holding six pair of glasses and can easily hold several more.


1 comment:

  1. Good idea Cora! nice tutorial too.
    I'd have several pairs of sunglasses if I didn't have to wear prescription lenses.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Projects Underway

During the next several days, I will be updating my blog.  I hope you can bear with me in this journey while I figure it all out.  It's ...

Popular Posts